Monday 6 February 2012

MEN ARE ALIEN, WOMEN ARE HUMAN


Dear Ladies (& Gents, in case there are guy readers)...Selamat Menyambut Maulidur Rasul
Tonight I am in the mood to write about marriage (not that I know that much about marriage, but just enough to keep my sanity). Before that, I shall make a short disclaimer to my other half (in case he reads this blog, since I have not "seriously" told him that I am now a blogger, SERIOUSLY?!)
      “Darling, we complement each other, tho there are times when I feel like eating you alive" (only if looks can kill!)
Anyway, I was just flipping through a magz for my next big project & came across this article entitled “12 ways to a happier household". I shall thank the author for the tips that she shared, for the greater good of all married couples, but I cannot help my self commenting on her tips. Why? Just for this simple reason-Men are Alien, Women are human. 
Before dwelling in detail, I shall again emphasize my stand which can be summarised as follows: “Marriage does not work when you stop making it work & the most apparent problem with married couples now is that they think marriage will be smooth sailing without their persistent effort to keep the boat floating.”
Anyway let’s go to the tips that she shared:
1.  The author wrote “shed-off miss capable”: Don’t let him know that you are capable, let him play hero.
My view: We are not playing hero, we are just women-human trying to get things done rather than having to wait for another 54 million years for our man-alien to get things done.

2.  The author wrote “offer to help him with hobbies”
My view: the last time he was into his hobby, he came back limping. No thank you.

3.   The author wrote “use casual remarks like –oh by the way, the hinges on the pantry door have come off”
My view: Our man-alien have the tendency to also listen casually when we use casual remarks, it’s like they heard it in the passing. Of course they pass the baton to us. Hmm, it’s just casual men-alien attitude.

4.  The author wrote “Give him time to sink in facts-tell him how exhausted you are & how you could do with a pampering. He may even cook dinner or do the dishes.
My view: You see, our men-alien is so alien that if they do hear us complaining of exhaustion, they’ll ask us women-human to stop working & become a housewife. Heheh..

5.  The author wrote “patience has to be the name of your game-when he refuse to help with the household chores, give him a hug & say, ‘perhaps next time’”
My view: You know, if we do follow this particular tip, we might end up being women-vampire instead! Haha…
With that I rest my case!
Note to my other half: Movie tomorrow is on yes? Hehe..

3 comments:

  1. We men are born to be excellent procrastinators. Do excuse our unique chromosome on that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Men are from MArs and women are from venus by john grey. Good tips and explanation about the relationship between men and women. unfortunately belum khatam lagi baca buku tu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aizad, ya ya!I've come to accept that!
    bunga daisy, try also reading "Men & Venus in Love" ( I haven't finished both books either,hahah!)

    ReplyDelete